From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Questions about CVS locations and GID...
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:39:25
1 Thanks for the warning Alec. Since I already have very limited
2 knowledge of the internals, I figure this will be a good trial by fire
3 (learn sort of the portage internals and issues with prefixed
4 installs). If it works, perhaps I will be able to devote more time to
5 it and do more than a simple prototype (which might involve writing a
6 spec, talking to Fink people and seeing how they resolved these sorts
7 of issues and all that fun stuff). Right now, I'm not very qualified
8 to write a spec, but I figure when I get my hands into it I'll start
9 seeing a lot more of the issues one is bound to run into. If it's so
10 hard that's it's impossible then maybe I should just give up now....
11 What sort of "plan" do you suggest?
12