From: Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Questions about CVS locations and GID...
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:46:35
1 m h wrote:
2
3 >Thanks for the warning Alec. Since I already have very limited
4 >knowledge of the internals, I figure this will be a good trial by fire
5 >(learn sort of the portage internals and issues with prefixed
6 >installs). If it works, perhaps I will be able to devote more time to
7 >it and do more than a simple prototype (which might involve writing a
8 >spec, talking to Fink people and seeing how they resolved these sorts
9 >of issues and all that fun stuff). Right now, I'm not very qualified
10 >to write a spec, but I figure when I get my hands into it I'll start
11 >seeing a lot more of the issues one is bound to run into. If it's so
12 >hard that's it's impossible then maybe I should just give up now....
13 >What sort of "plan" do you suggest?
14 >