From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Questions about CVS locations and GID...
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:12:45
1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:42:55 -0500 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | What's stated above, and what this thread has come down to is that
4 | you're putting a lot of reqs and pointing at whatever roadblock you
5 | can for anyone who attempts it. Kudos, although bluntly, talk is
6 | cheap.
7
8 Bah. Not roadblocks, basic design requirements.
9
10 | Produce a patch and maybe people will listen to you, otherwise those
11 | of us who are tired of listening to others state how it should be
12 | done (but do nothing but talk), are going to jump in and do it,
13 | addressing the issues thus pointed out.
14
15 Unlike some, I don't pretend to know enough about the design part of
16 this to even consider working on a patch. Code that does the wrong
17 thing is at best worthless.
18
19 | In other words, their really is no point in debating people
20 | attempting it. They're going too, and as I made pretty bluntly clear,
21 | the only say you've got on this is as a member of the dev community
22 | when/if they push for it to go mainline.
23
24 ...at which point, you will claim "the work is already done, so it's
25 too late to block this now".
26
27 | If people are up for the continuing pissing match, take it private.
28
29 "I'm not hearing what I want to hear, so I will repeatedly throw out
30 lots of ad hominem attacks and wild accusations rather than address the
31 issues at hand."
34 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
35 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
36 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm