From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] ebuild/emerge lookup category differently?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:55:03
1 Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
2 > Hi.
3 > In my overlay, I can have packages assigned to a private category, and
4 > have that category specified in profiles/categories, under the overlay
5 > itself.
6 > However, in-order to ebuild such a package I have to append the category
7 > to /etc/portage/categories, else I get an error message:
8 >
9 > !!! 'priv-cat/mypkg' has a category that is not listed in
10 > /etc/portage/categories
11 >
12 > Is that intended?
13
14 No, but if works for me here (in profiles/categories, under the
15 overlay itself). So, I wonder what's different about your system.
16 Are you sure that you spelled the category correctly?
17
18 You can get a list of valid categories like this:
19
20 python -c 'import portage; print portage.settings.categories'
21
22 Does your category show in that list?
25 > Amit
30 Thanks,
31 Zac