From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Can emerge be instructed not to upgrade a dependency?
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 06:47:01
1 On 12/29/2009 08:23 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
2 > Hi.
3 >
4 > I want package A to incur a rebuild of package B, due to a newly
5 > introduced USE flag which affects B. I wish to express this in the
6 > package's ebuild. I therefore DEPENDed A in B[use_flag]. When I attempt
7 > to emerge A, portage offers to *upgrade* the dependency, taking in the
8 > new USE setting (there's an available upgrade in the tree). I want the
9 > dependency to be *rebuilt*, maintaining the same version currently
10 > installed. Can I tell emerge to do that? I'm looking for a general
11 > method of doing this, I.E. I wish to remain unaware of the specific
12 > version of the installed B package: If it's there, don't upgrade it,
13 > just rebuild w/new USE flag.
14
15 The only way to do that now is to mask the unwanted update in
16 /etc/portage/package.mask.
17 --
18 Thanks,
19 Zac