From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] getting access to portage-ng source
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:57:08
1 Apologies if this was received already
2
3 On Monday 09 August 2004 02:44, Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
4 > i wanted to try out some of the portageng and portage modifications that
5 > are being done in gentoo cvs..
6
7 May I ask what are your plans are? I don't wish to be intrusive, but it's not
8 quite just yet ready widespread testing (=breaking and many reports of what I
9 already know).
10
11 > however its not clear how these can be accessed.. namely i'd like to do
12 > anonymous checkout of
13 > http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/portage-mod/?root=gentoo-src
14
15 The standard way would be to grab each file, but if you visit #gentoo-portage
16 on irc.freenode.net, I might be able to help you further.
17
18 By the way, I prefer to not think of it as portage-ng. There is nothing new in
19 most of it and way more code than I wanted there to be. As soon as I can
20 proove (to myself to begin with) that what I have changed works, it'll be
21 reintegrated with portage proper.
22
23 Regards,
24 Jason Stubbs