From: Simon Mika <smika@××.se>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] emerge feature request: Downloads managed by lock file system
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:04:13
1 Although I have a computer that is a bit slower I have the similiar problem.
2 Downloading does not consume much processorpower and athor machine
3 resources. But compiling does need a lot. Wy don't use always use 2
4 parallell processes, one that downloads, and one that compiles. The
5 compiling process would still need to be synced with the downloading, but
6 that should not be too hard to implement with some semaphore or similiar
7 solution.
8
9 /Simon Mika