From: Yixun Lan <dlan@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Commit Policy
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 02:19:14
1 On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 11:29:34PM -0800, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 07:43 +0100, Sebastian Luther wrote:
3 > >
4 > > One more useful thing:
5 > >
6 > > Put this in ~/.gitconfig:
7 > > [color]
8 > > ui = auto
9 > >
10 > > This way git diff will use colors, including highlighting of trailing
11 > > whitespace.
16 > I use an editor that I have set for both showing whitespace (you see
17 > tabs, spaces) and auto-strips trailing whitespace on save.
18 >
19 > nice tip for the git diff.
20 >
21 > I like using dev-vcs/gitg for doing commits, viewing different branch
22 > trees, cherry-picking (in color too). For commits it lets you pick
23 > changes 1 at a time (+ or -) when you've done several changes, but wish
24 > to split them into logical commits. Handy when you spot things that
25 > need fixing, but don't want to forget to do after your current change
26 > session & commit.
27 Hope I'm not making too much noise here ;-)
28 if you want to amend your git commits a lot,
29 saying, movie commits up/down, merge/split them
30 you could try dev-vcs/stgit, it's my favorite!
31 >
32 > --
33 > Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
34