From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Commit Policy
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 03:23:48
1 On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 07:43:27 +0100
2 Sebastian Luther <SebastianLuther@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Am 10.01.2014 11:35, schrieb Brian Dolbec:
5 > > First off. Welcome and than you for responding to help with
6 > > portage.
7 > >
8 > > With this many people, we should be able to make good progress
9 > > without overloading any one person.
10 > >
11 > > General rule is to submit all patches to this list for review and
12 > > approval before committing.
13 > >
14 > > Remember to do these always: 1) run pyflakes on your changes to
15 > > check for faults, misssing imports, variables undefined,...
16 > >
17 > > 2) run the testsuite to check for breakage. It is in the base
18 > > directory called runtests.sh. Please try to test it with all
19 > > minimum supported python versions, but if you have pypy, and some
20 > > others, then great.
21 > >
22 > > 3) any new code that could break things, make a test for it if at
23 > > all possible.
26 > > The general exception for patch submittal is for trivial changes
27 > > such as typo fixes, etc..
28 > >
29 > > It will take a bit of time for everyone to acclimate themselves
30 > > into our new team. So, I was thinking we give it 2 months, then
31 > > hold an election for lead in March. Is that alright with
32 > > everyone?
33 > >
34 > > Thanks
37 > One more useful thing:
38 >
39 > Put this in ~/.gitconfig:
40 > [color]
41 > ui = auto
42 >
43 > This way git diff will use colors, including highlighting of trailing
44 > whitespace.
45
46 Instead of this, we can add vapier's suggestion to set a proper name
47 and e-mail; we can add other minor issues like these to the policy in
48 the future as they become more visible (or Git functionality changes).
51 With kind regards,
52
53 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
54 Gentoo Developer
55
56 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
57 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
58 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D