From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o, Sid Spry <sid@××××.us>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Speeding up Tree Verification
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 02:34:28
1 On 6/29/20 7:15 PM, Sid Spry wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, at 9:13 PM, Sid Spry wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> I have some runnable pseudocode outlining a faster tree verification algorithm.
6 >
7 > Ah, right. It's worth noting that even faster than this algorithm is simply verifying
8 > a .tar.xz. Is that totally off the table? I realize it doesn't fit every usecase, but it
9 > seems to be faster in both sync and verification time.
10
11 We've already got support for that with sync-type = webrsync. However, I
12 imagine sync-type = git is even better. All of the types are covered here:
13
14 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Portage_Security
15 --
16 Thanks,