From: Douglas Anderson <dja@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] equery: deprecate --category filtering in belongs
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 02:26:44
1 On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Michael A. Smith <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > If you do drop it, Douglas, I think you should keep it around as a "Warning:
6 > Deprecated" feature for a while before dropping it outright.
7 >
8 > That way the users can give feedback via bugzie and their scripts don't break.
9
10 Of course, but I think since it's never actually been turned on in the
11 first place, I'll make it a "not implemented" warning:
12
13 $ ./equery.py b -c app-portage /usr/bin/equery
14 !!! Module option -c, --category not implemented
15
16 [ Searching for /usr/bin/equery ... ]
17 app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.4.2-r1 (/usr/bin/equery)
18
19 -Doug
20
21 BTW, for anyone interested, I've uploaded a summary of changes in the
22 refactored equery. Nothing is set in stone and if you have any
23 comments or criticisms whatsoever, let me know.
24
25 http://code.google.com/p/genscripts/source/browse/equery/trunk/equery/CHANGELOG