From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] release versioning meaning
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 02:53:31
1 On Sunday 06 November 2005 06:09, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > We've pretty much ignored the minor, and abused the micro for both bug
3 > fixing and feature inclusion. Thoughts on using micro for _strictly_
4 > bug fixes, and macro for features?
5
6 I suggested this before, but it didn't go down too well...
7
8 > Yes we'll run aground of the dead 2.1 release (not incredibly happy
9 > about that), but I'd like to see if we can get bug fixes out a bit
10 > quicker, with some semblence of a gurantee we're not tagging in stuff
11 > an admin isn't going to care about.
12
13 What sort of bug fixes are you looking to get out quicker? While the EAPI
14 stuff drew out .53 a little longer than originally expected it was still only
15 30 days from first rc to final (assuming _rc7 is final). I can't really see
16 the necessity for getting non-regression fixes out "quicker". At the moment,
17 a lot of fixes go out all at once rather than in lots of small bumps. I doubt
18 the overall speed would change very much.
21 Jason Stubbs
22 --
23 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list