From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] sets remove support replacement?
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:10:42
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Now remove sets don't work. What are the options? The most direct is to
3 > simply create my own set listing everything I want, but that won't
4 > account for anything added to the sets as they appear upstream over
5 > time. What to do about that?
6 >
7 > I suppose I could create an update script that diffs the new kde-testing
8 > set against a copy I stashed somewhere, thus showing me the differences,
9 > and that I could then update my own set and the stashed copy of the
10 > upstream set accordingly. Is that the best option under the
11 > circumstances, or does portage provide some other replacement for the
12 > functionality I just lost in that regard, with the loss of remove set
13 > functionality?
14
15 There's no replacement for it yet, so yes, for now that seems like
16 the best option if you need such fine-grained control.
17 --
18 Thanks,
19 Zac