From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Making pax-utils a depend
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:17:05
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 12:46:04AM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 16 November 2005 04:41, solar wrote:
3 > > For those of you that do not know we Mike Frysinger and myself have
4 > > written a general purpose ELF Q/A tool called pax-utils
5 > >
6 > > The tool itself can be used to preform a number of tasks. What ferringb
7 > > would like todo is take advantage of this tool for the an updated
8 > > verify-rdepend code.
9 >
10 > <snip>
11 >
12 > > Before he does that does anybody have any objections? If so please let
13 > > us know what and why.
14 >
15 > The last I heard, Brian was the only one *against* having pax-utils added
16 > to portage's RDEPEND list. ;)
17 My issues were with NEEDED being auto-created when it's unused by
18 portage, not specifically pax-utils.
19
20 Still have issues with it- revdep-rebuild for example can't rely on
21 NEEDED until a repository regen script is written.
22
23 verify-rdepend doesn't need the repo to have all NEEDED keys filled
24 though, so that facet of this problem isn't an issue for it.
25 ~harring