From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] About how to make compilation think some files are missing
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:06:57
1 El sáb, 12-02-2011 a las 18:22 +0100, Martin Doucha escribió:
2 > Dne 12.2.2011 16:50, Pacho Ramos napsal(a):
3 > > Then, my idea would the following:
4 > >
5 > > Would be nice if I could tell portage to make compilation think
6 > > libglitz-glx.so.1 is not present in real system (maybe sandbox could
7 > > prevent its readability inside build environment), and then, I could run
8 > > "revdep-rebuild --library libglitz-glx.so.1" before removing glitz and
9 > > affected apps would not link to it, allowing me to safely remove glitz
10 > > later without having had a broken system at any time.
11 > >
12 > > What do you think? Thanks
13 >
14 > I think you want to update to portage-2.2 (you need to unmask it
15 > manually). It does exactly what you want in this case.
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Martin Doucha
22 I am not sure if portage-2.2 would also cover this case: in this
23 example, the problem appears because of people uninstalling
24 *intentionally* media-libs/glitz (as it's no longer needed)