From: Martin Doucha <next_ghost@×××××.cz>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] About how to make compilation think some files are missing
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:07:05
1 Dne 12.2.2011 16:50, Pacho Ramos napsal(a):
2 > Then, my idea would the following:
3 >
4 > Would be nice if I could tell portage to make compilation think
5 > libglitz-glx.so.1 is not present in real system (maybe sandbox could
6 > prevent its readability inside build environment), and then, I could run
7 > "revdep-rebuild --library libglitz-glx.so.1" before removing glitz and
8 > affected apps would not link to it, allowing me to safely remove glitz
9 > later without having had a broken system at any time.
10 >
11 > What do you think? Thanks
12
13 I think you want to update to portage-2.2 (you need to unmask it
14 manually). It does exactly what you want in this case.
15
16 Regards,
17 Martin Doucha