From: Joakim Tjernlund <Joakim.Tjernlund@××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Adding sets to @world in custom profile?
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 11:46:45
1 On Fri, 2015-11-27 at 00:41 -0800, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 11/27/2015 12:24 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
3 > > On a related note, could not profile-formats = portage-2 profile-set
4 > > become default ?
5 >
6 > For purposes of interoperability, we use PMS to document the standard
7 > profile format. So, in order to change the default profile format as you
8 > suggest, we would have to change PMS retroactively. Generally,
9 > retroactive changes to PMS need to be very well justified in order to be
10 > accepted.
11
12 hmm, how about in gentoo layout.conf?
13 There seems to be additions there so perhaps one can add
14 profile-formats = portage-2 profile-set ?
15
16 It is a pity these new features rarely sees the light of day as
17 few knowns about them.
18
19  Jocke