From: "Kevin F. Quinn (Gentoo)" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [rfc] variable naming for marking binaries as QA ignorable
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:41:00
1 On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 19:56:41 -0500
2 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 23:32 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > > so we've found some cases where a package installs objects that
6 > > either need to be ignored by some of the scanelf checks ...
7 > >
8 > > ...
9 > >
10 > > what this e-mail is about is naming convention ... i'm thinking
11 > > that an ebuild sets up a variable with a list of relative paths to
12 > > $D of files that should be skipped for various checks ... so with
13 > > slmodem, we'd have like: QA_EXEC_STACK="usr/sbin/slmodemd
14 > > usr/sbin/slmodem_test"
15 > >
16 > > if, in the future, we need to add an ignore list for TEXTRELs, we'd
17 > > use QA_TEXTRELS="...."
18 >
19 > This becomes tricky when looking at tests across all CHOSTs.
20 > What holds true for one arch defiantly is not the case for others.
21
22 This could be done via the profiles, perhaps - package.qa, something
23 like package.mask/use/keywords:
24
25 net-dialup/slmodem QA_EXECSTACK="..." QA_TEXTRELS="..."
28 Kevin F. Quinn