From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Additional information to output: emerge -pv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:31:08
1 Hi,
2
3 Dustin Spicuzza wrote:
4 > [ebuild N ] app-office/openoffice-1.1.4-r1 -curl -hardened -java
5 > +kde -nptl +zlib 215,331 kB
6 > * curl - Adds support for client-side URL transfer library
7 > * hardened - activate default security enhancements for toolchain
8 > (gcc, glibc, binutils)
9 > * java - Adds support for Java
10 > * kde - Adds support for kde-base/kde (K Desktop Enviroment)
11 > * nptl - Enable support for Native POSIX Threads Library, the new
12 > threading module (requires linux-2.6 or better usually)
13 > * zlib - Adds support for zlib (de)compression
14 >
15 > And, it does this for each package (only for verbose obviously) Its a
16
17 Does it repeat the same use flags over and over again for each package,
18 or just explain it once? Also, does it distinguish local from global use
19 flags? I didn't have a look at the code, but keep in mind that local use
20 flags may have different meanings although they're used for more than
21 one package.
22 Also, i (personally) don't like this feature, but i use -v *always*, so
23 I suggest you make it only print the explanation if -pvv is given.
24
25 Regards,
28 Simon Stelling
29 Gentoo/AMD64 Operational Co-Lead