From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 04:30:25
1 On Sun, 2006-23-04 at 23:05 -0400, Tom Hosiawa wrote:
2 > I've finished my superkaramba theme, but I'm noticing one bug that I
3 > think has something to do the way emerge or portage modules are
4 > written that I don't understand.
5 >
6 > Basically, I've trimmed everything in emerge down that doesn't
7 > directly deal with system or a world update. I import my trimmed
8 > emerge module and call the a main function I created that contains
9 > what was done automatically in the regular emerge.
10 >
11 > Everything works but after loading the superkaramba theme, if I change
12 > a useflag in package.use, doing a emerge '-puvDN sysmte' doesn't
13 > recognize the change. I'm wondering what could be causing this?
14 >
15 > In case the above doesn't make sense, here's what i mean.
16 > 1. load superkaramba theme
17 > 2. do a 'emerge -puvDN system', everything correct at this point
18 > 3. change use flag in package.use
19 > 4. do a 'emerge -puvDN system' again, result still same from point 2,
20 > emerge not picking up the changed use flag
21 >
22 > Is there something in emerge that needs to be reset other than whats
23 > initialized at the beginning for it to recognize changes in
24 > package.use after loading module?
25 >
26 > Here's a copy of the trimmed down emerge, but that shouldn't be need
27 > as it remains the same.
28 > http://www.tomek.ca/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=portage-monitor&path=%2Fportage_engine.py&rev=0&sc=0
29 > --
30 > Tom