From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] webapp-config and webapps
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:24:11
1 On Saturday 30 October 2004 12:17, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > > I still consider it bad design. Even though I understand the reasons.
3 >
4 > Sorry - that statement's ambiguious. What's the "it" that you are refering
5 > to?
6
7 Sorry, it in this case is those packages providing their own management
8 system, often in effect meaning that the security is worse than that of
9 windows. Applications should allways be able to run when they are not
10 owned/writeable by the user that runs them.
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze
16 Gentoo Developer