From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] ACCEPT_KEYWORDS depreciation
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:50:30
1 Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > On Thursday 15 December 2005 13:05, Marius Mauch wrote:
3 >
4 >>package.keywords isn't better or worse than ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, it's just
5 >>different in its behavior.
8 > I disagree. ACCEPT_KEYWORDS is problematic for (new) users, because of its
9 > behaviour.
10
11 problematic != worse
12
13 *shrug*, if there is a strong desire for it I'd suggest to check for
14 existance of package.keywords and print a warning only if it doesn't
15 exist and ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~arch is used (as people who have a
16 package.keywords file/dir clearly know the difference, right?)
17
18 Marius
19 --
20 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list