From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Custom eclass question
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:28:13
1 On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:13:01PM +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:59:42 +0200 (CEST)
3 > "Matthias Waechter" <matthias@××××××××××××.at> wrote:
4 >
5 > > > Brian Harring wrote:
6 > > >>>Where do you get the filename from if not SRC_URI?
7 > > >>
8 > > >> Additional metadata tagged in, or mangling of the syntax in some
9 > > >> way.
10 > > >
11 > > > I don't want to imagine how ugly that will get, syntax mangling will
12 > > > probably break things and additional metadata needs a way to
13 > > > properly map entries.
14 > >
15 > > SRC_URI="rename:${PN}-${PV}.tar.bz2:http://and-so-on/"
16 > >
17 > > or add some slashes after rename to fit whatever slashy syntax.
18 >
19 > Breaks anything that assumes that SRC_URI is actually a (list of) URI.
20 > fetch() might not be so hard to adjust, but there are many more tools
21 > involved. Not a good idea to change semantics of established
22 > datastructures (especially if it's only a workaround for broken
23 > upstream packages).
24 EAPI change...
25
26 /me goes back to what he was doing and leaves people to come up with a
27 sane proposal
28 ~harring