From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] ia64 rpaths and python building...
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:34:10
1 On Thursday 17 December 2009 04:38:36 Markus Duft wrote:
2 > I recently did some ia64-hpux hacking in prefix, and i stumbled over
3 > alittle problem:
4 >
5 > the native linker collects -L options on the command line, and python
6 > uses -L. while building. this results in . beeing in rpath.
7 >
8 > now when $PWD == $S, there is libpython-*.so, and executing the already
9 > installed python finds (through rpath ".") this local libpython. this
10 > (although binary exactly the same) refuses to load installed extensions
11 > (Fatal Python Error: ....).
12 >
13 > The problem was caused by the filter-bash-environment.py call in
14 > ebuild.sh, _only_ during the "test" phase seemingly.
15 >
16 > the attached patch fixes the problem for me - what do you think? I guess
17 > there are better ways to tackle the problem, but i needed to get this to
18 > work ;)
19
20 this ignores the real problem. there should never be an installed binary
21 whose rpath includes $PWD. this is a terrible security issues waiting to bite
22 you in the ass, or cause random failures depending on what the user's cwd is
23 at any point in time.
24
25 the second change (adding the || exit) is a good idea in theory, but the
26 proposed change is incorrect. use the assert helper so that the exit values
27 of all commands in the pipeline are checked.
28 -mike