From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: "gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage questions
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:13:46
1 1)
2 Is there a way to generate a snapshot of an installed portage VDB and then later
3 compare that snapshot against the current VDB and generate a list of
4 added/updated packages?
5
6 2)
7 Currently we generate a tar file with binary pkgs containing all updated pkgs,
8 unpack the tar file and emerge the binary pkgs with emerge --usepkgonly ...
9 into a new ROOT. This works but that misses any updates to the profile(both gentoo and our own).
10
11 To fix that we include a copy of both profiles in the tar file and copy our
12 updated profiles into the new ROOT profiles before merging. This feels a bit
13 clumsy and I wonder if there is a better way?
14
15 Jocke