From: Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] two remarks on portage-2.0.51-r2
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:30:47
1 1) If you dont know how to echo package-name
2 >>/etc/portage/package.keywords you shouldnt even bother with masked
3 or hard masked packages.
4
5 2) Emerging path-to-ebuild doesnt append package to the world file,
6 thus breaking emerge depclean and emerge -up world. --- Very bad idea
7 and over long term can seriously break system concistency.
8
9 To maintain the concistency of your system, allowing you to have a
10 system as clean as when you installed years after, these 2 things
11 should be avoided at all cost, and thus deprecated and warned highly
12 against.
15 On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 05:17:15 -0700 (PDT), Pablo De Napoli