From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:01:23
1 On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 23:53 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:48:41 -0500 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
3 > | What the hell are you talking about? No tools have even been
4 > | created yet. Nobody builds tools before the framework is in place. The
5 > | ability to make use of RRDEPEND as I've pointed out by verify-rdepend
6 > | and revdep-rebuild could be pretty much immediate. The ability to
7 > | control what level of depends a user wants in his/her depgraph is up
8 > | to the user. The way I envision it you could just as easliy do
9 > | ROOT=/dev/shm/minimal emerge -KO --deps="RDEPEND:DEPEND:PDEPEND"
10 > | pkgfoo To yield the same results as portage by default. In general
11 > | I'd suggest that you not attempt to make use of features that don't
12 > | suit your needs.
13 >
14 > Why introduce a feature which is crippled? It would be almost as easy to
15 > allow ebuilds to mess with their 'real' runtime dependency value as
16 > appropriate rather than forcing an incorrect auto-generated list onto
17 > everyone.
18
19 Please go back to trolling on dev We are trying to get work done here
20 and solve real problems.
24 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
25 Gentoo Linux
28 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list