From: LinuxGuy@×××.net
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] dispatch-conf
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:57:02
1 On 14:47 Wed 01 Jun , Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Grant Goodyear wrote: [Wed Jun 01 2005, 02:38:51PM CDT]
3 > > Dear all,
4 > > Is dispatch-conf still "barely-maintained", meaning that nobody is
5 > > really all that familiar with the code? Agriffis has suggested that we
6 > > split dispatch-conf out of portage and either put it into gentoolkit or
7 > > make it its own package, and see if we can get some help
8 > > with maintaining it.
9 >
10 > Brian tells me that the symlink bug is fixed in ~arch, and that he
11 > doesn't object to breaking it out of portage. Any other thoughts?
12 >
13 Hey all, i've contributed a few minor patches and am "mostly" firmilar
14 with the dispatch-conf code. recently i was contacted by another person
15 interested in dispatch-conf and we've disscussed some changes we are
16 going to be making to it, more advanced use of rcs, including easy
17 rollbacks and diffs and such, possible darcs support and some other nice
18 stuff. i've just completed my semester obligations and am starting work
19 on it, he will be completing his soon to join the work as well. i would
20 cerintally be willing to maintain it as i'll be doing alot of work with
21 it either way.
22
23 i'll be starting with weeding out that <<<<<< bug and taking a look at
24 the symlink bug you guys were disscussing, following that will be
25 enchancements to rcs handling.
26
27 also, with the changes we will be making to dispatch-conf i definatly
28 advocate breaking it out of portage, if it's a stand-alone utility it
29 will be easier to deal with the multiple options (perhaps use flags to
30 select rcs, darcs or flat files for revision history) and with the update
31 cycle which will hopefully be alot quicker this summer :)
32
33 let me know if anyone has any changes/fixes they would like to be looked
34 at let me know.
38 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list