From: Perry Smith <pedzsan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage on AIX
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:30:01
1 On Nov 24, 2010, at 12:22 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > On 24-11-2010 12:17:12 -0600, Perry Smith wrote:
6 >> I don't use Gentoo but I bumped into Portage on a recent quest. Long story short, I'd like to try and port it to AIX. I'm writing this list to see if you think that is possible or not.
7 >
8 > We use Portage Prefix on AIX, so I think we can say it works. Do you
9 > really need Portage (the package manager) or the entire set of
10 > applications provided by it?
11
12 I'm assuming the latter does not exist. I've love to just say "install ruby" right now and have it work but that isn't what I'm expecting. I'm hoping, over time, to provide some of those packages over time. I hope I'm making sense here...
13
14 Perry