From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage Language
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:18:44
1 On Friday 28 November 2003 09:17, Jason Mobarak wrote:
2 >
3 > Arguments for Python
4 > --------------------
5 >
6 > Python is a language with a huge user base, standard library and large
7 > number of third party libraries.
8 >
9 > Developer friendly, we have a lot of user submitted patches to portage.
10 > Chances are more people are going to know languages like Python/Perl/Ruby
11 > rather than something else (like Scheme/Haskell).
12 >
13 > We already have a several developers who are well versed with Python.
14 > Python's design potential and scalability is quite large... consider
15 > projects like Zope and Twisted.
16 >
17 > We already have a lot of portage code that's already written, it's tested
18 > and it works, reordering and redesigned it is going to help portage-ng come
19 > about quicker.
20
21 [+1]
25 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list