From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Posting of patches
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:34:50
1 On Monday 18 July 2005 14:05, Anthony Gorecki wrote:
2 > On Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:06 pm, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > The
4 > > reason is that I'd like a second pair of eyes to look
5 >
6 > Personally, I prefer the kernel's method of handling this (which is
7 > also what I use for my own development). A highly detailed,
8 > automated changelog with non-binary file differentials is quite
9 > useful for people that want to monitor the code.
10
11 I have no idea what you are saying here.
12
13 > > From now on, I'll be posting everything that I am thinking of
14 > > pushing into stable (portage-2.0) and would like it if people
15 > > could look over the patches and respond with a yay or nay.
16 >
17 > In the future, it might be helpful to post those patches in-line,
18 > along with the message. That way no-one needs to open a separate
19 > program to view the changes.
20
21 I thought about that, but line-wrapping and python's severe reliance
22 on whitespace kind of makes that difficult.
25 Jason Stubbs