From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC] xpak.py structure changes
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 05:44:23
1 On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 07:30:41PM +0900, Chris White wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hi all,
6 >
7 > Attached to this email is a document that describes proposed changes,
8 > why I propose the changes, and what other areas of portage need to be
9 > changed so they changes don't break other things. Right now I'm poking
10 > the waters to see how much of the proposal, if any, that the developers
11 > will go for. This will prevent me from writing lots of code, only to
12 > find out that "such and such won't work" ;). Comments welcome.
13
14 Snip...
15
16 xpak implementation sucks, has needed a rewrite for a while- proper
17 handling of it would be test case of before/after (yes that's dumping
18 the tests on you also)...
19
20 Personally... I'd just do the bugger, and post that patch rather then
21 asking if it should be done (if you're asking, it's an indication it's
22 needed ;)
23
24 My 2 cents...
25 ~harring