From: "Herminio Hernandez
To: gentoo-powerpc <gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-powerpc] Radeon 3D powerpc
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 17:10:51
1 There is common issue with the r300 driver in Mesa and Radeon cards on G4
2 Macs. When you have KMS enabled and to see if useing opengl you get this.
3
4 rican-linux@ibookG4-gentoo ~ $ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo |grep render
5 libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI3 capable
6 libGL: pci id for fd 4: 1002:4e56, driver r300
7 libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r300_dri.so
8 libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
9 libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
10 libGL error: failed to load driver: r300
11 libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
12 libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
13 libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
14 libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
15 Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
18 There are two ways to resolve this
19
20 1. set you default display to 16 in xorg.conf, but on PowerBook you really
21 see the drop in depth bot so much in iBooks.
22
23 2. apply a patch found here
24 <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=746272>
25
26 I would much rather do option 2 and test that, however I am having some
27 difficulty learning how to apply patches and reinstall in gentoo. In debian
28 or ubuntu i would apt-get source the package, apply the patch, then
29 recompile and reinstall. Can someone point me to resource that can help. I
30 really cannot find it in the gentoo wiki, but I admit it may be I am not
31 search for the correct thing. Thanks!