From: Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@××××××.ru>
To: "Herminio Hernandez, Jr." <herminio.hernandezjr@×××××.com>, gentoo-powerpc <gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-powerpc] Radeon 3D powerpc
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:42:12
1 16.04.2015, 20:10, "Herminio Hernandez, Jr." <herminio.hernandezjr@×××××.com>:
2 > There is common issue with the r300 driver in Mesa and Radeon cards on G4 Macs. When you have KMS enabled and to see if useing opengl you get this.
3 >
4 > rican-linux@ibookG4-gentoo ~ $ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo |grep render
5 > libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI3 capable
6 > libGL: pci id for fd 4: 1002:4e56, driver r300
7 > libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r300_dri.so
8 > libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
9 > libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
10 > libGL error: failed to load driver: r300
11 > libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
12 > libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
13 > libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
14 > libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
15 > Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
16 >
17 > There are two ways to resolve this
18 >
19 > 1. set you default display to 16 in xorg.conf, but on PowerBook you really see the drop in depth bot so much in iBooks.
20 >
21 > 2. apply a patch found here
22 >
23 > I would much rather do option 2 and test that, however I am having some difficulty learning how to apply patches and reinstall in gentoo. In debian or ubuntu i would apt-get source the package, apply the patch, then recompile and reinstall. Can someone point me to resource that can help. I really cannot find it in the gentoo wiki, but I admit it may be I am not search for the correct thing. Thanks!
24
25 You create local overlay, copy ebuilds you want to change from main portage tree to you overlay, modify ebuild (e.g. add patch), then execute `ebuild filename.ebuild digest`. After that you emerge the same package name as before and it gets installed from your overlay.
28 Regards,
29 Konstantin