From: nall <nall@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-dev] keyword explicitness | gnome-extra/battstat, x11-misc-bbapm
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:17:32
1 i'm curious how explicit package keywords have to be. for instance, if
2 package A depends on package B and package B has "-ppc", should package
3 A also get "-ppc" (perhaps with a comment as to what dependency is
4 causing it to be being -ppc'ed)?
5
6 i realize that there's no real harm here, since dependencies will take
7 care of not letting A be installed. i'm just curious if we're trying to
8 get rid of all instances of ppc not being addressed in KEYWORDS (ie:
9 making sure that either "ppc" or "-ppc" is in the KEYWORDS of all
10 ebuilds).
11
12 if we're being explicit, the following should get -ppc since they depend
13 on sys-apps/apmd, (which is -ppc):
14
15 gnome-extra/battstat
16 x11-misc/bbapm