From: sen_ml@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: Guide for setting up Nvidia Geforce 4 on gentoo ppc
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:24:27
1 Hi,
2
3 From: José Andrés Arias Velichko <locke@××××××××.es>
4 Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:06:14 +0100
5
6 > Try to change the CRT number in the Xconfig, and also you can use this
7 > http://koala.ilog.fr/cgi-bin/nph-colas-modelines modeline generator.
8
9 Thanks for the suggestions.
10
11 By "CRT number", are you referring to the CrtcNumber option? I have
12 tried both 0 and 1, and noticed in /var/log/XFree86.0.log the
13 following message:
14
15 Detected CRTC controller 1 being used
16
17 So I've been leaning toward a value of 1. Does that seem off?
18
19 I noticed that the page referred to by the URL you posted has the
20 following text:
21
22 This script is based on my experience on high-end monitors (17"-24"
23 multisync with more than 135Mhz of bandwidth), trying to squeeze the
24 most refresh rate at the highest resolution, and will not work for
25 lower specs monitors (15" and lower).
26
27 Do you think it might still work for a 15 inch flat panel iMac?
28
29 Also, I was able to track down some information about the LCD screen
30 in the tech specs -- something about it being able to do 1024x768 at
31 75Hz (the vertical frequency?). The script asks for at least:
32
33 Max Bandwidth
34 Max Vertical Frequency
35 Max Horizontal Frequency
36
37 Do you have any ideas where I might determine values for bandwidth and
38 horizontal frequency?
39
40 Thanks for any help.
43 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list