From: "José Andrés Arias Velichko" <locke@××××××××.es>
To: sen_ml@×××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: Guide for setting up Nvidia Geforce 4 on gentoo ppc
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:19:11
1 > following message:
2 >
3 > Detected CRTC controller 1 being used
4 In my iMac, this value is not detected corectly, so I've had to set it
5 manually (try to start with other value).
6 >
7 > So I've been leaning toward a value of 1. Does that seem off?
8 >
9 > I noticed that the page referred to by the URL you posted has the
10 > following text:
11 >
12 > This script is based on my experience on high-end monitors (17"-24"
13 > multisync with more than 135Mhz of bandwidth), trying to squeeze the
14 > most refresh rate at the highest resolution, and will not work for
15 > lower specs monitors (15" and lower).
16 >
17 > Do you think it might still work for a 15 inch flat panel iMac?
18 Well, it worked for 17", I just used the default values, and if you have
19 16:9 display don't forget to specify it in the form.
20 >
21 > Also, I was able to track down some information about the LCD screen
22 > in the tech specs -- something about it being able to do 1024x768 at
23 > 75Hz (the vertical frequency?). The script asks for at least:
24 >
25 > Max Bandwidth
26 > Max Vertical Frequency
27 > Max Horizontal Frequency
28 >
29 > Do you have any ideas where I might determine values for bandwidth and
30 > horizontal frequency?
31 I've used the default, leaving the fields in the form as is (blank). Try
32 to set the same resolution that MacOSX is using.
35 Regards,
36 Andres
37 --
39 José Andrés Arias Velichko Grupo de Usuarios de Linux
40 locke@××××××××.es Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
41 http://gul.uc3m.es/~locke http://gul.uc3m.es
44 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list