From: sen_ml@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: Guide for setting up Nvidia Geforce 4 on gentoo ppc
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:37:31
1 Hi,
2
3 From: José Andrés Arias Velichko <locke@××××××××.es>
4 Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:13:50 +0100
5
6 > > following message:
7 > >
8 > > Detected CRTC controller 1 being used
9 > In my iMac, this value is not detected corectly, so I've had to set it
10 > manually (try to start with other value).
11
12 I tried 0 and 1 various times -- unfortunately, w/ no difference in
13 results; those vertical bars persist ;-(
14
15 > > Also, I was able to track down some information about the LCD screen
16 > > in the tech specs -- something about it being able to do 1024x768 at
17 > > 75Hz (the vertical frequency?). The script asks for at least:
18 > >
19 > > Max Bandwidth
20 > > Max Vertical Frequency
21 > > Max Horizontal Frequency
22 > >
23 > > Do you have any ideas where I might determine values for bandwidth and
24 > > horizontal frequency?
25 > I've used the default, leaving the fields in the form as is (blank). Try
26 > to set the same resolution that MacOSX is using.
27
28 Ok, I tried w/ the default values. Unfortunately, I get similar
29 looking results -- similar vertical bars.
30
31 I also tried choosing 16/9 on the form w/ the same results -- I don't
32 think the 15 inch flat panel screen is 16:9 though. FWIW, resolution
33 under MacOS X is 1024x768, so I've been testing w/ the resulting
34 modeline that matches that.
35
36 I also tried relaxing the timings by 10, 20, 30, and 40%, but w/ the
37 same results.
38
39 FWIW, I noticed that if I configure Flatpanel to be True, the vertical
40 bars move, while w/ no value defined, I eventually get a stable screen
41 w/ thin bars equally spaced, but no cursor or any windows.
42
43 Hmmm, now the machine has hung. Perhaps it's too early to try to get
44 > 8 bpp w/ the current nv driver for this model of iMac. I think I
45 was able to at least get some kind of working X w/ 8 bpp and the fb
46 driver.
50 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list