From: Sean Sullivan <sean@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] convert ext3 -> hfs+
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 17:43:14
1 Matthew FitzPatrick wrote:
2
3 > Sean Sullivan wrote:
4 >
5 >>>
6 >>>
7 >>> If you aren't used to the command line, you shouldn't be trying to
8 >>> install Gentoo. Or at least try to use one of the few graphical or
9 >>> command line installer programs for Gentoo.
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>
14 >> That's crap. I recommend Gentoo to every newb I meet that is
15 >> interested in trying Linux and most of them get it just fine with
16 >> little help and learn a ton in the process.
17 >>
18 >> Let's leave the elistist attitude for the Slackware newbs ;~)
19 >> jk
20 >>
21 >> -Sean
22 >>
23 > I agree and know that this is off topic but I mean why does everyone
24 > who uses gentoo or slackware take this whole elitist higher ground. I
25 > did my first instal of gentoo from stage 1 while stoned out of my mind
26 > and it went fine without a hitch. Everyone should be more excited to
27 > help people than scoff at them and claim to be better.
30 > "The only reason you know what you do is because of information form
31 > other people, be that help on forums, documentation, whathave you. "
32 > -Matt
33
34 Well said.
35