From: Matthew FitzPatrick <kaamoss@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] convert ext3 -> hfs+
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 17:29:42
1 Sean Sullivan wrote:
5 >> If you aren't used to the command line, you shouldn't be trying to
6 >> install Gentoo. Or at least try to use one of the few graphical or
7 >> command line installer programs for Gentoo.
12 > That's crap. I recommend Gentoo to every newb I meet that is
13 > interested in trying Linux and most of them get it just fine with
14 > little help and learn a ton in the process.
15 >
16 > Let's leave the elistist attitude for the Slackware newbs ;~)
17 > jk
18 >
19 > -Sean
20 >
21 I agree and know that this is off topic but I mean why does everyone who
22 uses gentoo or slackware take this whole elitist higher ground. I did my
23 first instal of gentoo from stage 1 while stoned out of my mind and it
24 went fine without a hitch. Everyone should be more excited to help
25 people than scoff at them and claim to be better. The only reason you
26 know what you do is because of information form other people, be that
27 help on forums, documentation, whathave you.
28 -Matt
29 --
30 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list