From: Jon Lee <leejadsl@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] convert ext3 -> hfs+
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 17:35:06
1 <offTopic>
2
3 I fail to see how you can be elitist about Slackware. A poorly trained
4 monkey could handle the install, and after that it doesn't take a power
5 user to maintain a stable system.
6
7 I'd like to give an opinion on Gentoo but I've never installed it. It
8 just won't go into my G5 at all. So I've given up on it. I should
9 probably unsubscribe from this list. The ultimate problem was
10 yaboot-static never worked, and I got a lot of advice from a lot of
11 different resources including those who wrote the Gentoo handbook, this
12 mailing list, Gentoo PPC IRC chat rooms, Gentoo users I know personally,
13 and different forums. It's good to help people because everyone needs
14 help again in the future. Probably while I'm still on this list, and
15 I'm sorry I got it wrong before about Gentoo/Linux and HFS+ support.
16 Sometimes well intended help can be a bad thing too.
17
18 </offTopic>
19 --
20 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list