From: Carl Hudkins <carl@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Missing keyword
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:30:47
On Sat August 6 2005 20:51, Lars Weiler wrote:

> > having trouble there. When I emerged gnome 2.10, it looks like I still > > have some parts of 2.8 floating around. (Desktop > SETTINGS > Desktop > > still brings up the old Control Center, and Theme Selector bring one up > > that does nothing) > > I guess, your system isn't updated fully.
You can check the versions of all your Gnome stuff at once by running "qpkg -I -v gnome". (In case you're reading this in Arial or something, that's a capital Eye, not a lowercase Ell.) If you don't have qpkg yet, emerge gentoolkit.
> That means, nobody of the ppc-crew has ever tested that > ebuild and added a ppc-keyword to it. Currently it's x86. > You can emerge it by adding the following line to your > /etc/portage/package.keywords: > games-emulation/pcsx2 x86
If it actually works (the package looks pretty Intel-specific to me) be sure to post a bug or something letting the dev team know. :) Yep, that's a good section to read, especially if you want to do stuff like install little pieces of KDE, or get the latest gnumeric but not break everything else. package.keywords can prevent you from having to customize an ebuild just to try installing something. Good luck, -- // Carl Hudkins :: Jabber yther@××××××××.info :: PGP 50238D9E // // ==] What would Jeeves do? [== // // (X-Spam-To: collapsar@×××××.net) -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list