From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: tom <listbox@×××××××.net>, gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] working Old World Linux Mac
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:57:44
1 On January 26, 2003 12:49 pm, tom wrote:
2 > Booting directly into linux is so much nicer than bootx tho...
3 >
4 > I don't think quik would compile with gcc 3.2. I built it from source on
5 > a debian box with 2.95.3. To tell you the truth I don't remember if I
6 > tried to emerge it from portage or tried to directly compile it.
7 >
8 > There is some good info on OF for oldworlds on netbsd.org(port macppc),
9 > and penguinppc.org has a page or two of quik info.
10
11 But again, most OF 1.0.x (mostly 1.0.3) based machines cannot work properly
12 with /screen , so unless you have a serial console attached you will be
13 unable to fix anything if the setup doesn't go properly you are in trouble.
14
15 Gerk
18 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list