From: Bernard Mentink <ebike@××××××××××××.nz>
To: marciot <marciot@×××××××××××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Alsa suspend/resume recovery
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 00:35:47
1 marciot wrote:
2
3 >>===== Original Message From Bernard Mentink <ebike@××××××××××××.nz> =====
4 >>I do have alsactl installed. Any other suggestions?
8 >What daemon do you use for suspend/resume? Is it "pmud"? If so, I
9 >know "pmud" calls some scripts before and after putting the machine
10 >to sleep (see the man page for pmud). Perhaps you could add "alsactl"
11 >to those scripts to save and restore the mixer settings, just as
12 >/etc/init.d/alsa does for reboots?
13 >
14 >Anyhow, I don't know if that is the correct or best solution (and
15 >I haven't tried it myself), so you may want to wait for other
16 >ideas from the mailing list before spending to much time with this
17 >approach.
18 >
19 >Marcio Luis Teixeira
27 Hi Marciot,
28
29 Yes, I have tried alsactl after a resume, but it does not restore the
30 sound .... (I did a "alsactl store 0" before sleep
31 and an "alsa restore 0" after sleep .... did not work)
32
33 Cheers,
34 Bernie
39 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list