From: marciot <marciot@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: Bernard Mentink <ebike@××××××××××××.nz>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-ppc-user] Alsa suspend/resume recovery
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:19:46
1 >===== Original Message From Bernard Mentink <ebike@××××××××××××.nz> =====
2 >I do have alsactl installed. Any other suggestions?
3
4 What daemon do you use for suspend/resume? Is it "pmud"? If so, I
5 know "pmud" calls some scripts before and after putting the machine
6 to sleep (see the man page for pmud). Perhaps you could add "alsactl"
7 to those scripts to save and restore the mixer settings, just as
8 /etc/init.d/alsa does for reboots?
9
10 Anyhow, I don't know if that is the correct or best solution (and
11 I haven't tried it myself), so you may want to wait for other
12 ideas from the mailing list before spending to much time with this
13 approach.
14
15 Marcio Luis Teixeira
21 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list