From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: Hasan Khalil <gongloo@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] FYI, ppc/x86 distributed cross-compilation guide
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:52:45
1 crossdev
2
3 On 17 Jun 2004, at 03:40, Hasan Khalil wrote:
4
5 > Actually, there's an automated gentoo script for this. I can't
6 > remember the name, but it pretty much did everything you describe in
7 > that document for you, just prompting you for a few details. Adding
8 > cross compiler chains was easy as anything. I set up a Pentium 4 box
9 > to cross-compile for both my powerbook and my k6-2, with minimal
10 > effort.
11 >
12 > -Hasan
13 >
14 > David Bélanger wrote:
15 >
16 >> Hi,
17 >> I was able to setup cross-compilation on x86 for my iBook.
18 >> I wrote a guide that I published here:
19 >> http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/~dbelan2/crossdev-powerpc-i686.html
20 >> in case others are interested as very little info is available.
21 >> David
22 >> ---
23 >> David Bélanger
24 >> Graduate Student