From: "Mark M. Hart" <markmhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] ATI configuration?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 11:34:27
I have a beige G3 desktop 233mhz with 512M ram that has an ATI chipset on
the motherboard and an ATI chipset in a PCI VGA card (which the monitor is
attached to).  When I use xorgconfig I have to use fbdev as the ati choice
will not work on testing.  This gives me a 1280x1024 screen which works well
on a 17” monitor, but the colors are all wrong.

When I use Xorg –configure I get a working configuration with the ati
driver, but the screen is (maybe) 640x480 and that’s it.  I’ve tried merging
the two files in every combination I can think of, and am not getting

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark M. Hart

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Subject Author