From: "Eddy Petrişor" <eddy.petrisor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Audio installation
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 07:14:57
1 On 4/4/06, Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello Matthew
3 >
4 > On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 07:32:17AM +0000, Matthew Polashek wrote:
5 > > I'm interested in making my Powerbook G4 1.5 17" a dual boot Gentoo
6 >
7 > Which model exactly?
8 >
9 > > Also, I'd like to use a kernel with the Ingo Molnar realtime
10 > > preemption patch.
11 >
12 > I don't know that specific patch, but preemption on PowerPC isn't what
13 > you actually want. It causes programs to crash because of a corrupted
14 > cache. It used to work when one enabled SMP, but I'm not sure wether
15 > this is still the case.
16
17 Recent kernels have a more stable preemption mechanism for PPC
18 --
19 Regards,
20 EddyP
22 "Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list