From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Audio installation
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:57:38
Hello Matthew

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 07:32:17AM +0000, Matthew Polashek wrote:
> I'm interested in making my Powerbook G4 1.5 17" a dual boot Gentoo
Which model exactly?
> Also, I'd like to use a kernel with the Ingo Molnar realtime > preemption patch.
I don't know that specific patch, but preemption on PowerPC isn't what you actually want. It causes programs to crash because of a corrupted cache. It used to work when one enabled SMP, but I'm not sure wether this is still the case. Greets, Michael -- Gentoo Linux developer,, In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. Then howcome people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished? (By hasku@××××××××.fi, Hasse Skrifvars)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Audio installation "Eddy Petrişor" <eddy.petrisor@×××××.com>