From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] ALSA on my PowerBookG4(6, 2)...newbie needs help
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:39:08
1 On Sat, May 14, 2005 6:49 pm, Charles Read said:
2
3 > I just installed Gentoo on my PBG4, it is 1000MHz and about a year old. I
4 > used genkernel to make my kernel so according to the ALSA Howto on
5 > Gentoo.org I should have sound support. I have made sure that my USE
6 > variable contains 'alsa' but when I do a 'lspci | grep -i audio' nothing
7 > audio related shows up. Does this mean my soundcard wasnt detected?
8
9 lspci shows nothing on my iBook G4 either, but the option you need is
10 SND_POWWERMAC, in Device Drivers->Sound->Alsa->ALSA Powermac devices.
15 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list